Friday, January 31, 2014

What the fuck is Obama doing?


Ever since the State of the Union address I have seen a lot of hate for Obama.  From the US it is hitting him from every direction in the States, but I am under the impression no one outside the US seems to care much.  If I were to sum up every article I read on the topic, it's that people are disappointed that there has been no real substantial change which I guess people think was his main promise and not just a campaign slogan or catch phrase.  You, the American that voted for him, thought he actually would do something besides maintain the status quo, but that is not something he is able to do, because he is not calling the shots, really.  People were so severely disappointed in Obama's health plan thing, it almost seems like it was purposely done badly to put people off of the idea of affordable healthcare.  Pharmaceutical companies are in the business of making as much money as possible, and they have a powerful lobby in government.  What the fuck is with the lobby system?  It seems to me like it doesn't matter who is in presidency because they are just supposed to do the dirty work of telling people they are fucked and there is nothing anybody can do whups.

However, in a true effort to understand Obama's position and arguments I have to go to the heart of Democrat sentiment: Jon Stuart's Daily show.  I will watch ALL of this weeks (January 27-30 2014) episodes and see what I can learn.  Ok, wish me luck.

Hi ok I'm back, The Daily Show was not very helpful, unfortunately, but should not be a surprise, they just said a bunch of nice things about Obama and that everyone else is just upset because he tried to work with congress and got shut down and now he is evoking Executive Order to get things done because he just don't give a fuck anymore.  When interviewed, Nancy Pelosi could not explain why they could not get a proper health care website set up.

I guess it sums up what I already said.  They just have no explanation, and just nothing, nothing to say about it.  Nobody has answers and a plan to deal with problems effectively, isn't that the main problem with government?

No comments: