Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Free money ain't free

Applying for a student loan ain't what it used to be.  When I applied for my first student loan, it seemed pretty easy.  Of course I was fresh out of high school and maybe I just didn't have to fill out most of it.  Now they want every little detail about everything, your name, your address, your email address.

That wasn't a funny joke, but I said it anyway.  Seriously though, they want all your dependent and marriage information, how much money you're making, how much money you'll be making, how much money you made last year, how much school you are taking...and some of the questions, I have no idea how you could possibly answer...how much money will you be making your first term in school.  I dunno am I employed?  Full time or part time.  But then if I'm employed full time how can I be in school????

Anyways, I mostly just wanted to complain because it took way longer than it should have.  And between getting partway through the form then getting distracted, it times you out of your session and you have to start over.  What, I need my gross income from 2008?  That's in a box in the bottom of a pile of other boxes.  Anyways this is just a heads up that if you have to fill out a student loan application, give yourself a lot of time and have all your paperwork!!

No comments: