Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lucidity, I hardly knew ye

Don't ask me how, but by some miraculous event, as I trudged through the high school which also seemed to resemble a run down factory, complete with grating walkways and large metal silos (probably reminiscent of the Vancouver Island breweries tour last week) a thought did not escape me: I AM DREAMING. Of course then all hell broke loose, if you consider hell to be a place where I can shoot lightning from my hands, fly and seduce beautiful women with a charming wink. I will say this as a tip for aspiring lucid dreamers: think and talk about it as much as possible, your afterlife may depend on it.

In this documentary series I'm watching, Magical Egypt, they talk about death as a crossing over (assuming ancient Egyptian knowledge might actually be true) and that when you get to the gate or door, there is your spirit guide watching over it. Apparently he asks you what his name is, and either you know it or you don't. I already know mine is Time, since I met him a few years ago when I passed out for some unexplained reason at my friend's place.

The difficult part however is not knowing its name - it might very well accept whatever you think its name IS. But, the important thing being you are in a dreamlike state when you are crossing over, and unlike the majority of dreamers who seem to passively watch it all happen, you have to have the presentness of mind to be able to interact properly.

I've lucid dreamt a handful of times before, and its always the same problem. Either everything seems really contrived (although with the way I bitch about that in waking life you'd think I'd be used to it by now) or I get bored and can't think of anything to do. Maybe there is another level to it that I havent' figured out yet, and the solution is to go seek someone or something out, because I only seem to think about doing something, not go somewhere. And somewhere is really where I should be trying to go.



No comments: