Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Verification codes, and my lack of ability to read them


As tempting as it is to push the little handicapped symbol beside the series of purposely scrawled and jumbled numbers and letters, I have to step back and admit: willpower has always been one of my strong points. In fact, I even regard it as a challenge, trying to figure out what exactly it is that has been randomly generated for my decryptifying pleasure to unlock the next level of whatever account creation verification I happen to be in the mood for signing up for.


Sure, they'll probably sign me up to the internet purgatory of spammed advertisements, but I can take it. Maybe I even hope, in some small way, that one will escape the mighty maw of Microsofts state of the art spam filters and find its way into my Inbox, which is always overflowing with legitimate, life affecting emails (I'm super important). But I'm not here to brag; instead I do find myself on many occasions wishing that all verification codes had a "generate a new one" button, for one simple reason.


My keyboard does not have a backwards C.

No comments: