Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Let me tell you something about the internet: it's full of people that hate themselves, their life, and by extension the world in general, including you.  Don't take it personal.  But let me teach you some internet lingo.

WOW

or you can say

WOW.   JUST WOW.
Caps is optional.  In the context of the internet, you can say it during games.  It came from video games, but you can use it in any kind of game, even sports.  What it means is that you played particularly horribly, where even an infant or elderly grandmother who has never seen a computer before could pull better moves and not screw up as bad as you just did.

On the bright side though, since the term is already so used, they are basically just spouting rhetoric at this point, leaving them wide open to a witty counter!  My favorite so far was when two friends were playing, and one wow'ed the other, and the guy responded with "Don't wow me Julian".  Solid gold.  I'm not the wittiest guy in the world, so I often just like to sarcastically say wow over and over until everyone shuts up.  But you should be creative and come up with something funnier.

No comments: